Below are requirements for associate, non-voting membership:
- Canadian Resident over 18 years of age
- own or co-own one or more CKC registered Havanese (for >1 year)
- agree with the principles of the HFC
- agree to support and abide by the HFC Code of Ethics
- agree to be active within the Club (minimum 1 activity per year)
- 2 letters of referral
- complete the HFC application and be approved by the membership review board
- may apply for voting membership in the future if voting criteria are met
- if a breeder, then apply for voting membership
Please view the Club’s Constitution and Code of Ethics prior to applying. All applications must be sponsored by a current HFC voting member in good standing, who does not reside in the same household as the applicant. Casual acquaintance is not adequate for sponsorship. Please be sure to check with mentors/sponsors/references before providing their name as a referral and include sponsorship/referral letters as part of your completed application. All applications must be filled out in full. Please note that a signed agreement of the club’s Code of Ethics is included in all application forms and that all incomplete applications will be returned. Submitting an application does not guarantee acceptance. Any misrepresentation of facts on the application will be grounds for rejection. Application reviews take approximately four to eight weeks. You will be notified of the decision as soon as it is made. Upon approval, membership is active immediately. All memberships include a subscription to our quarterly newsletter.
What constitutes Active Participation?
There are so many things you can do to help. Active participation can include attendance at on-line meetings, planning/assisting at sanction matches; breed Boosters, Specialty, Pet Expos or Breed seminars; article submissions for the Newsletter, DIC Breedlines or Website; donations to the Rescue Auction, Specialty raffles, support for event trophies/prizes and other such activities that actively contribute to the National Club.