Foreign membership is for Adults (over 18) whose primary residence is outside of Canada. Foreign membership is non-voting. Below are requirements for foreign membership:
- Own or co-own one or more Havanese registered with approved registering body. Ie) AKC, KC, FCI etc.
- agree with the principles of the HFC
- agree to support the HFC Code of Ethics
- agree to be active within the Club (minimum 1 activity per year)
- are sponsored by at least one HFC regular member in good standing (2+ years membership)
- must have known sponsor personally at least one year
- include letters of 1 sponsorship and 2referrals
- if a breeder – must meet additional Breeder criteria
- complete the HFC application and be approved by the membership review board
Please view the Club’s Constitution and Code of Ethics prior to applying. All applications must be sponsored by a current HFC voting member in good standing, who does not reside in the same household as the applicant. Casual acquaintance is not adequate for sponsorship. Please be sure to check with mentors/sponsors/references before providing their name as a referral and include sponsorship/referral letters as part of your completed application. All applications must be filled out in full. Please note that a signed agreement of the club’s Code of Ethics is included in all application forms and that all incomplete applications will be returned. Application does not guarantee acceptance. Any misrepresentation of facts on the application will be grounds for rejection. Application reviews take approximately four to eight weeks. You will be notified of the decision as soon as it is made. Upon approval, membership is active immediately. All memberships include a subscription to our quarterly newsletter.
What constitutes Active Participation?
There are so many things you can do to help. Active participation can include attendance at on-line meetings, planning/assisting at sanction matches; breed Boosters, Specialty, Pet Expos or Breed seminars; article submissions for the Newsletter, DIC Breedlines or Website; donations to the Rescue Auction, Specialty raffles, support for event trophies/prizes and other such activities that actively contribute to the National Club.