Criteria For Voting Membership
Below are requirements for single voting membership:
- Canadian Resident over 18 years of age
- Own or co-own one or more CKC registered Havanese (for >2 years)
- CKC member in good standing
- agree with the principles of the HFC
- sign agreement to support and abide by the HFC Code of Ethics
- actively involved in some aspect of Havanese breed promotion/enrichment
- agree to be active within the Club (at least 2 activities per year)
- sponsored by one HFC member in good standing (2+ year member)
- Must have known sponsor personally for at least two years
- 1 sponsorship and 2 referral letters
- Have had or allow a home visit (where possible)
- complete and submit the HFC application with required supporting documents
- approval by the membership review board
- Once aboved will pay $35 annual dues
- additional breeder criteria apply
- eligible to vote one year after membership approval
All voting applicants that will be breeding need to also supply health information. The Health Policy for HFC members has changed. Please download the link here. **New Health Policy**
Please view the Club’s Constitution and Code of Ethics prior to applying. All applications must be sponsored by a current HFC voting member in good standing, who does not reside in the same household as the applicant. Casual acquaintance is not adequate for sponsorship. Please be sure to check with mentors/sponsors/references prior to listing their names as referrals and include sponsorship/referral letters as part of your completed application. All applications must be filled out in full Please note that a signed agreement of the club’s Code of Ethics is included in all application forms . A signed agreement does not supersede lack of respect for our codes and bylaws as shown by word or deed in the ways of poor, questionable or unethical practices of breeding, sportsmanship or conduct. Sponsorship, references, health testing and other pertinent information will be verified. All incomplete applications will be returned. Note:Sending in a completed application does not guarantee acceptance. Application reviews take approximately four to eight weeks. You will be notified of the decision as soon as it is made. Upon approval, membership is active immediately. All memberships include a subscription to our quarterly newsletter.
Note: Any misrepresentation of facts on the application will be grounds for rejection
What constitutes Active Participation?
There are so many things you can do to help. Active participation can include attendance at on-line meetings, planning/assisting at sanction matches; breed Boosters, Specialty, Pet Expos or Breed seminars; article submissions for the Newsletter, DIC Breedlines or Website; donations to the Rescue Auction, Specialty raffles, support for event trophies/prizes and other such activities that actively contribute to the National Club.